Thursday, October 26, 2017

Bom Dia!!

October 17, 2017

I have officially arrived! I'm here at the São Paulo CTM, and I have a companion (sister Bordeaux) and a nametag. I'm hungry and tired, but happy. The Atlanta airport was super fun. There were 18 of us who travelled together, so we spent several hours talking and laughing.

I promise to take pictures, but we can't send them from the MTC, so you'll have to wait a couple weeks (like 6) to get them. Oh, and my p-day is Wednesday, but not tomorrow, since we just got here, so we're doing our p-day stuff today instead.

I slept most of the drive here (can you blame me?) but I can tell you that it's very green here. Like disneyland-jungle-exhibit green, with grey skies (not for long since the fog is starting to burn off), and mismatched buildings. All in all, it kind of reminds me of a beach town (the real kind, not the touristy kind) except with no ocean.

I really might fall asleep on this keyboard if I don't get food soon, and who knows what kinds of characters might show up if I did that.. (I'm typing on a Portuguese keyboard, which is super fun, although it will get more fun when I have portuguese words to type) and not half as complicated as Elder Clawson makes it sound.

A few random facts: The MTC is in a super large high rise building (they put the elders all the way up to the 6th floor hahhah but the sisters get the 2nd and 3rd) with a cafeteria and lots of stairs. It looks a lot like a dorm building, honestly. It has airplane signs directing you where to go and everything!
There are 3 languages being taught here, and 80 newbies come in and about the same amount leave every week, so there's a constant transition.

Love you all! Talk to you next week :)
-Sister Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment