Friday, November 24, 2017

Last P-day in the MTC!

November 22, 2017


You may not hear from me for a bit after this, cause I'm leaving in about 5 days for Vitória! I'm super excited, but super sad to leave my district! At least once I get there I'll be able to send pictures, and also maybe have time to share some of the funny stories!

I went to the temple for the last time in a really long time this morning. We stayed for a second session, which is why I'm on so late (only going to get about 30 mins of free time at this point), but I also got to do initiatories, which was awesome :)

We've pretty much just been finishing up our lessons and reviewing for the past several days. Well, and splits and TRC, and "in field" trainings, which are lessons and practices with all the hispanics, brazilians, and americans combined. I think I'm at the point (and it's a very weird point to be at) where I speak better than I understand. Well, understand normal people, at least. I can understand our instructors because they talk at a reasonable pace, and use simple, proper language. But we went out proselyting again on Saturday, and it was pretty interesting. Not really better than last time (haha). Also, we ran into tons of people that were already members of the church, which was a little strange. So anyway, I think I've almost learned everything I can learn here, and I'm ready to get out in the field and really learn.

Some highlights of the week:

-Our elders were able to give our instructor a priesthood blessing last Thursday. She's been sick a lot, and honestly, she was either brave or crazy to ask a whole bunch of very newly-ordained priesthood holders to bless her, but it ended up being an amazing experience. The elder who I have the hardest time getting along with (but not that hard of a time--they're all pretty good) gave the blessing, and he'd obviously never done it before, but the second he started speaking, the holy spirit just FILLED the room, and I knew that God was with us--that He really does trust us to do His work, and to use His power (Mom Note:  Priesthood = the authority to use God's power to heal and bless others in His name). I came to really see the potential that each one of these 18 year old boys have, and I hope they see it too! To all the Melchizedek Priesthood holders I know, please look for opportunities to use it! It's such an amazing privilege!

-Got to know my new roommates a lot better this week. One of them (the one I originally didn't think I would like--have you seen a theme here? God keeps humbling and surprising me :) has a super duper cool story, that I will definitely share another time!
Also, this is unrelated, but I think I forgot to mention that I met an elder in my branch (can't remember his name or his mission, and he's gone now) who's family just moved into the Covenant Hills ward! Crazy non-coincidence! So if you hear anything like that, I probably met him.

-The weather here is absolutely ridiculous. At least half the days are hot, but sometimes it's freezing all morning and then a billion degrees, and some days it's warm and then starts absolutely storming like I've never seen (right while some of our elders were teaching outside, haha! They were SOAKED!), and some days, like today, it's just gray, with only off and on sprinkling. It's always humid, though, so at least that's constant.

I haven't really had bad headaches since I got over my cold the first week, but they've been back this week. I'm not letting it get in my way, but it's pretty annoying. My comp has a bad cold, so maybe I'm just fighting that (again). Pray for us, please!

I got Cami's letter this week! the one she sent before I left (haha). It took exactly a month to arrive, so I'm hoping they'll forward anything else that comes to my mission. Tell her I loved it!!! And so did all my friends :) I don't have much time at the moment, but I'll hopefully be able to send more mail soon!

Ok I think that's about all I have time for. Love you all! Looking forward to another great (and last) week!!

-Riah

No comments:

Post a Comment