Monday, September 24, 2018

September 24, 2018 - Food & Shops in Linhares

I have a million emails to respond to and I'm not liking the new google look so it's stressing me out, but lets see what I have to say about this week.

So this week was long, hot, and tiring. My companion passed the whole week sneezing, and I had quite a bit of sinus pressure. BUT. I found Sudafed!! Well, it's more like Tylenol sinus, but it works and I'm so happy. Also, we bought lots of food on the street. We like to eat (haha). The other sisters are always like "you brought home MORE food?" and we're like "well yeah! there's nothing to eat in this house. How do you two survive?"  

But the cool thing is that Linhares has lots of shopping options. Today we went into this SUPER ADORABLE and CHEAP wood store that you would all spend hours and hours in! I wanted to buy everything. Oh goodness.. We'll see how many more times we go there before we're transferred.  :)

Oh. Linhares also has lots of cacau trees (I thought they weren't good for anything except chocolate, but I was wrong I guess) and lakes that don't look like lakes because they're literally FULL of water reeds. It's the weirdest thing, but also cool. I promise we'll take pictures at some point.

We managed to teach lots of people this week! It's slowly getting easier. My favorite person this week was Breno. He already went to church and was taught by the elders a couple of years ago, but he doesn't remember much. We were so excited to teach him the whole week, and yesterday we finally did! It was seriously one of the best lessons this week. He understands so well, and has such a good relationship with God. He totally understands how the little things can be miracles, and also answers to prayers. And it was really funny cause at the end of the lesson I used an example about pudim [a brazilian dessert like flan] and tomatoes to demonstrate how we need to "ask of God" (James 1:5) and he was like "whoa that's so weird.. Just this week my girlfriend brought me pudim and I bought her tomatoes...." which is such a little thing, but definitely not a coincidence, and we all just sat back a little and admired how things work by divine design.
We also started teaching a family! But I'm running out of time, so I'll talk more about them next week.

This week we official started splits with the sisters, which was cool. And we also had our first district meeting, which we have to take aguia branca [a big bus] to get to. This coming week we're doing splits with the sisters in Nanuque, so we're going to travel 3 times, and be doing a lot of waking up in the middle of the night. Should be fun!

Love you all, and have a great week!
-Sister Kirkham :)

No comments:

Post a Comment