Monday, March 18, 2019

February 11, 2019 - The Week That Lasted a Month!

I got the pictures from leadership council that president sent, and I was like "wow, these pics are a little late, but I'm glad I finally got them" and then it hit me--leadership council was THIS week! It seems like so long ago....
Haha, but anyway, while I'm on that topic, leadership council was awesome! More awesome than usual. We talked all about "ministering," and how we are going to make ministering part of our mission culture. We were challenged to read 3 Nephi and highlight every time that it says "minister" (or derivative) and "one by one." I finished highlighting them this week, and now I'm gonna go back and see what I can learn! Also, it was awesome to be able to see everyone from the 4 corners of the mission :)
OK the craziest part of this week was trying to contact 15 referrals that we recieved from an irmão that we don't even know. 15! One day we went with a member, the third and fourth time we went by bus, but the first time... the first time we made the awful mistake of walking home afterward. We went singing and talking (it was dark and there were lots of cars and few people) and when I realized where we were, we were farther away than I thought we had been when we started out, and I almost cried. When we limped through the door, I hugged the sisters that were visiting (for leadership council the next day) and plopped down on the floor. And STAYED there!
We did splits with Sister Pagassini and Sister Blanscett, which was super fun. We found lots of awesome people to teach, as usual, but they seem to have this gift to find themselves sick, travelling, or taking care of hurt family members right when we want to teach them or take them to church. But we had a few appointments that went super well this week, so that's always happy news :)
My comp is awesome, in case I haven't said it enough. This is what I said about her to Pres this week:
Eu e Sister Todd estamos bem. Realmente amo como ela é tão tão aberto sobre coisas que eu faço que ela não gosta. Ela está sempre buscando ser melhor, e verdadeiramente mostra "fome e sede da retidão." Ela me ajuda a ser melhor a cada dia.
The last thing is that we spent all morning today playing volleyball with our district and a couple of members, which was SUPER fun.
Ok I'm out of time as always. Bet you're all sick of hearing that :P But I love you all, and have a great week!
-Sister Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment