Monday, March 18, 2019

January 2, 2019 - Happy New Year!

Sorry I'm a couple days late haha. Brazil gets a little crazy during holidays. It was great to talk to you all on Christmas! Glad you are all having an awesome time :) Hope new years was good too!
Sorry this email also probably won't be very long. Not just because I don't have much time, but because my fingers are hurting pretty bad. Well, two of them. The other eight are gorgeously cuticle-less and painted purple. My ring finger on my left hand though is infected on both sides of the nail and there's an infected ant bite on the pad of the finger too. The nail is because it grew into itself (the nail/cuticle, not the finger) on one side, and it was starting to on the otherside too. My comp fixed both of those problems, but it was already infected on one side and the infection spread quickly to the other side as well. And the ant bite, well... not really sure what I could have done about that. Thankfully that one is healing already! And well my middle finger on my right hand is extremely ingrown, and also infected (I promise I wash my hands! It's more that my body isn't fighting infections very well. Yes, I bought more Vitamin C) and ugly. Really ugly. I promise I'm taking care of them, and I have a doctors appt coming up, but not until next week because of the holidays. But yeah. It's been a fun week. If I told you all the other sicknesses that are attacking our house (which was basically a hospital this saturday), our district, and the rest of the mission (some people are IN the hospital) you'd all be amazed. But new year, new chance, and lots of prayers please!
Yesterday was new years! P-day we had churrasco with our LMR, and then pizza and cocktails and dessert pizza with other members at night. Later we watched the smoke (couldn't see the actual fireworks haha) from our balcony and made goals for the year.
Yesterday we had district meeting, and then after lunch a member took us out to açaí. He's and RM and was trying to tell us that there was no point in working yesterday because it was a holiday and no one would listen. So we proved him wrong! Really we had an awesome night :) and a productive one too!
The last thing I wanted to say is that my companion and I have been making lots of goals together, and understanding each other a lot better. This transfer has been hard for the two of us, but it's gonna turn out alright :)
Sorry for all the details about my hurt fingers. It was about the only interesting thing that happened last week. Good thing this week is already much better :P
Love you all! Until next week :) And a happy 2019!!!
-Sister Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment