Friday, August 31, 2018

August 13, 2018 - Pop Songs & Sunday Talk

Happy anniversary mom and dad!!!!
Also, someone wish Rory a happy birthday 12th for me! Can't believe she's going into Young Women's!

I didn't read your emails yet, but it seems like it's been a crazy week for you all. We have been working crazy hard--I think we taught over 20 new people this week, including a couple of families. We have also baked way too much, invented a district t-shirt, and been serenaded by ukelele a couple of times over the phone by the elders (they get bored or something, don't really know...).
My comp and I have also been having way too much fun trying to sing all of the pop songs we remember (which sadly isn't very many haha). The only song that we got close to remembering all the words was "You belong with me" by Taylor Swift, and even then we were missing an entire verse haha.
Because we taught so many people, I won't give you details on all of them until we know who we're going to keep going with. (also because I need to use some of my time to work on this district t-shirt). But I think the highlights would be all the miracles on Tuesday (attaching a picture of my journal pages from that day), giving a talk on Sunday (which I will also send to you, but you're gonna need google translate. I got lots of positive comments :), and then lots of visits to lonely or sick members, and several less-active families. Also, we did family history with Mauro and his sister and niece on Saturday! It was pretty frustrating because Brazil doesn't seem to have the type of records that we have, or maybe their just not digitized yet.
Something else funny is that we literally ran to the grocery store a couple of times this week, because it closes at 8:30, which is usually right when we finish teaching for the day, and we needed flour and sugar and what not to make a whole ton of desserts we promised to people.  :)
Yeah, ok, I don't think it was all that interesting of a week, sorry! Kind of frustrating too, because we weren't trying to teach so many people, but we weren't able to find/teach those that we had already started teaching. And also, none of them came to church because it was Father's day yesterday. But oh well. Some of these people have to come through, right? :)

Love you all! Hope this week is better!! Praying for you :)
-Sister Kirkham





No comments:

Post a Comment