Friday, August 31, 2018

June 25, 2018 - Quick Note from Teofilo Otoni

Praying this computer doesn't shut off on me in the middle! Gotta write fast cause I'm pretty out of time.
Basically, it's been an awesome week in Teófilo Otoni! We are basically out in the middle of nowhere, and a 20 hour bus ride from the center of the mission. The péople here are even more open and friendly here, and super duper receptive!
My district is awesome, and my companion and I get along really well. Her name is actually Sister Withers haha, although you'd never know that from how the brazillians say it haha. Anyways, she's also pretty quiet, and quite a nerd :P we spent most of the bus ride (you know, when we weren't sleeping) talking about book series.
I'll send some pictures of the house so you all can see it. Well actually it's an apartment. It's pretty small, but there's a ton of stuff crammed into that little amount of space! We have a seperate dining room and kitchen, 2 bathrooms, our bedroom, a study room, a closet-room, and a laundry room, and a balcony! It's really nice!
The area itself is gorgeous, although really hilly, and paved with these weird sticking up rocks. Gonna need new shoes after this I think haha.
The branch here is small, and has a lot of less actives, partly due to the leadership, but there's some super sweet people, as well as some youth that help a lot. We just have to be a little more self-reliant with a couple of things.
This week was work work work work work! But it was fun :) We met a ton of awesome people, which I don't have time to tell you about, sorry! The most interesting parts of the week were the world cup (Brazil won in the last 2 minutes!!!! You should have heard the fireworks and the screaming! Also, all the classes are cancelled next week just because there's a game on Wednesday. Crazy.) and the day that I got super bad cramps and spent an hour on the bathroom floor (my companion and an awesome member rescused me, and then the member took us out to a really nice restaurant for lunch) and the fact that I sliced my finger open this morning. But don't worry, I'm ok :)
Although I'm also out of time, sorry!
I love you all, and I'll tell you more about it next week!
-Sister Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment