Friday, August 31, 2018

May 14, 2018 - Marcilio de Noronha

It was so good to talk to you all last night!! Hope you all got all of  your questions answered, and no one was too frustrated from having to wait for lunch!
I already talked quite a bit about my area, and I'm gonna send pictures too, but summary is that the area is really pretty, but a little more rural and a lot more hilly, and the ward seems to be really great, but a little smaller and a lot less formal. Also, being in Trio is awesome! And now about my week:

So I found out Monday morning that I would be leaving Cobilândia, and I spent Monday and Tuesday frantically packing. Monday night we had a little FHE, and then Sister Farias and I literally ran to say goodbye to Joana Vitòria. We made it home by 8:57, which totally should not have been possible, since we didn't even leave until 8:30, so I'm putting that on my list of mission miracles! Luis Arthur and Luis Phelipe were at their grandma's house, so I had to say goodbye on the phone, which was super sad!

After transfers on Tuesday, we spent the week cooking tons, listening to music every possibly moment, laughing lots, and working like crazy. Here's a couple of the people we're working with:
Ana and João Pedro: a rather crazy but lovable senhora and her grandson. She hasn't made it to church yet because of her health (physical and emotional) but she surprised us the other day with her progress in the BoM! Marilda we found knocking doors looking for a bathroom haha, and Aparacida was a street contact by the sisters before I got here, but both absolutely loved the spirit that we bring. Actually Aparacida, Marilda, and Ana have all been drawn in by the hymns. Sister Sena absolutely loves it haha. Every lesson, she's like "and now my americans will sing you a song!" hahaha.
We've spent quite a bit of time knocking doors, but we've also gotten pretty into contacting on the bus lately. Haven't gone to teach any of them yet, but we've had some really cool experiences! Oh and Sis Levie also got caught in the closing doors because we were already at our stop but we hadn't finished our contact haha. That was hilarious, although it probably shouldn't be hahaha.
Oh and I almost forgot about Railom and Richard! Railom was another street contact that came to church last week. We taught him just once this week, and met his friends Richard at the same time. We invited them to mututal and they came--except that mutual was cancelled...awkward... but it worked out well cause we invited a young man in the ward to come teach with us instead. Except we ended up just eating french fries and playing games because we couldn't find a quiet enough place to teach. But whatever haha. I'm excited to keep working with everyone, and to keep finding more :)

Saturday night we had choir practice, and a devotional with two 70's, which was super cool! Lot's of awesome mission stories to get us all hyped up. Basically the theme was that it's worth it to be a missionary. "Vale a pena"

Ok the last thing I have to share is Fernanda, the miracle. See my journal page that I'm going to send for more details, but basically she showed up at church out of the blue wanting a book of mormon and to know more about the church! Super cool.

Oh and a funny story: we're here in this internet cafe, quietly listening to hymns and writing emails, with a whole bunch of youth playing games and yelling and then all of a sudden the power goes off hahhaha. It was like being in a movie theater, at the climax of a film, the whole room filled with tension--and then someone pulls the plug. But anyway, it came back on after a few mins, so we're all good :P

Anyways, I'm running out of time, but I'll be back next week :) Love you all!!! Have an awesome week!
-Sister Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment