Friday, August 31, 2018

July 30, 2018 - A Crazy Awesome Week!

It's been a crazy awesome week and I so wish I had more time to tell you all about it!

Transfers: So today is transfers! President gave out so many hints at the Zone Conference (get to that later) that everyone has been going crazy for days trying to guess everything, but then in the end, only 3 people in the zone are being transferred, and only 1 of them is in my district. Also happens to be my companion haha. So I will be staying in Teófilo Otoni with Sister Creswell, an american from Utah that I lived with for the first few months of my mission. My comp is super sad to be leaving, but she's also going to be companions with her best friend ever (on the mission), so she can't be too sad haha. And then the two new elders will be two greenies (the zone leaders were both called to train--should be interesting!) so I don't know anything about them.

Mauro was confirmed yesterday! He continues to ask really good questions, and is an awesome missionary. We're going to eat burgers with him for our lesson tonight haha.

We've also been working a lot with Eunice. She was interviewed, and passed, but decided to delay her baptism another week, even though she prayed and recieved and answer that she should be baptized yesterday. And then she went out of town, which might have been the reason.. Trying to think positive :P

Thursday was Zone Conference!!! My first time being a part of a conference that only includes one zone, and I loved it! The trainings were absolutely awesome, and exactly what we needed. Our zone is the top zone in the mission, apparently because of some experiment President was trying out, but he's going to start spreading us out now to help the rest of the mission now. We're focusing a lot on humility and unity, and we set some crazy high goals for the next transfer. Like crazy crazy high. But we're going to work and work and work and get as far as we can! Also, president took us out to a super fancy restaurant to break our zone fast (ok that part is normal) and then bought us ice cream!!! Lots of ice cream haha. On top of the candy that Sister Mazzagardi brought. We ate a lot of sugar that day.

Due to a miscommunication, we weren't able to get the right bus to go back to our area, so our entire district ended up staying an extra day up in Nanuque, doing splits. It was super fun and crazy productive and we also got to participate in the branch's Festa Julina!! (Fall festival). We ate corn bread and various soups and pastel and desserts and chá and lots and lots of yummy stuff haha. Oh, and we helped out :P

Ok I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but our mission has a weekly (usually it's monthly or per transfer, but President Mazzagardi is a little overly energetic haha) Padrão de Excelência (standard of excellance) that moves up as the larger part of the mission starts to hit it. Our zone has been 80-90% this transfer, but my comp and I have never hit it personally. We knew this week would be hard because we would be spending 2 days (plus travel time) in another area, but we were determined that this week would be the week. And guys, we were SOOOO CLOSE!!!!! I won't tell you the numbers, because it's not all that important, but we were so so so so so close. A little sad that we didn't make it, but just proves that all things are possibly if you pray, fast, and work hard!

Ok I gotta go now, but I love you all! Pictures to come! (If I finish this survey in time).
-Love, Sister Kirkham

No comments:

Post a Comment